I got in sooner than I thought. o.o
Finally back at home. Now, I wanted to go all out and do this fancy write up but my mind isn't in that state right now. All the coffee in the world can't shake traveling through various timezones so please bear with me. o.@
- The ride out was pretty good. Found out that the best damn place to pick up breakfast is a TA. Travel the states, find one and eat there. You can't go wrong. = )
- While I was there, I got the chance to see some relatives I haven't seen in nearly a decade. It was good to see my aunts and uncles again. Spent a crap-ton of time with my sister, her husband and my niece and nephew as well.
- Finally stopped at a zoo and a hit up my first State Fair. Also bummed around the New Salem 125th celebration with my cousin and her fiancé. Got a bit of a late-acting sunburn but it was worth it.
- On the ride back, I fulfilled an old mallrat dream by ratting the Mall of America for a couple of hours before the shops opened. The place is as big as I expected but that amusement park was cool. Plenty of pics from that stop.
- Swung by an awesome car museum. Snapped pics of an unbelievable amount of beautiful classic cars at prices lower than any new one on the market. Did I mention it was All for Sale? Oh yeah.
- Had a geek moment when I found out they sold LPs (snatched Steve Martin's Wild and Crazy Guy and Carlin's Occupation: Foole) as well as various old video games. Nothing makes me giddy quite like a room filled with games and systems ranging from a working Atari 5200 to a mint condition Dreamcast and N64.
Outside of all that, I saw a lot of giant fiberglass animals. I have pics of New Salem Sue - world's largest Holstein, a giant buffalo and a pink elephant wearing glasses. I wish I was kidding but I'm not. I guess the further you travel west, the more folks feel the need to make massive fiberglass animal statues. Cool as they are, many of them don't have nearby bathrooms. Never a good thing after you've spent a few hours on the road and quite a few bottles of soda. o.o
That's about it for me. Back to cleaning, drawing and maybe catching some sleep. Peace!
P.S. - Never listen to Webcomics Weekly while trying to write up something that isn't comedy. Seriously. Made my day brighter but this little bit of text took about an hour to write.