Thanks to my buddies, I got to watch the PlayStation dealie in the comfort of a movie theater with a boatload of other fans/hecklers. It was the highlight of this year's E3 for me. So Many People cracking jokes and cheering and everything all in meatspace instead of just on Twitter. It was Glorious! = )
The games I'm most excited for:
- Sony Finally gives us The Last Guardian. If they can pack that up with 'Shadow of the Colossus' and 'Ico', I'd buy myself a PS4. That would do it for me.
- Square Enix FINALLY gives us the remake fans have been asking for (and that they've teased). The FF7 Remake announcement alone just put Squenix in the black for another few years. = P
- Star Fox Zero looks Amazing! And I love that they're going to use the last unused idea from the scrapped 'Star Fox 2' SNES game - giving the Arwing a GERWALK mode like the Valkyrie from Macross. = D
- Fallout 4 seems to have given folks the choice between playing it or living life. Safe bet is most folks will forget the outside exists for a few weeks after it drops.
- No Man's Sky is Still looking great. Here's hoping I can bump my rig up to a point where I can safely play it (or just have it on to enjoy the scenery).
- Hyrule Warriors coming to the 3DS is pretty amazing. Going to have to snag that once it comes out.
The only non-game E3 news I'm really happy about is the XBone getting backwards compatibilty soon. That's the only thing that stopped me from getting any of the newest consoles. I love 'em, they look great and they have excellent line-ups but man... I spent a fair chunk of change on these old systems. Going back a single generation is all I will ever ask for. Soon, the XBone will (for a select number of titles).
After this past week of random computer issues, I'm going to take a minute and play some games. Maybe dig up Ye' Olde Emulator and waste some time playing the original Star Fox as I'm sadly lacking the physical cart for it.
Unless something else pops up, I'm aiming to start the next story bit with the next strip. Kinda' want to jump in on that.
'Till next time! = )